Friday, March 28, 2014

Toddler Outdoor Picnic

We had this extremely simple Toddler Outdoor Picnic last summer as a half birthday party picnic for my daughter and her little friend who were now/turning 18 months old. It was really easy to put together. A simple homemade fruit salad, a little avocado and some tofu. It was presented on a divided plate like this
To make a really yummy and healthy homemade fresh fruit salad for toddlers:

Ingredients:
- About 5 strawberries, washed and chopped
- 2 kiwis, washed, peeled, and diced
- a handful of green grapes, washed and halved
- wheat germ

Add all the cut up fruit to the serving dish and sprinkle with the wheat germ.

The other picnic foods we had were avocado and tofu. I washed, peeled, and diced the avocado. I drained the water from the tofu, dried it off a bit, and diced it up. Then I added both to the serving dish as well and served the food. 

The food was served to the toddlers on my daughters table and bench. For a picnic appropriate table cloth I used a piece of fabric that looked like a picnic blanket with big ants crawling across it. My daughter really got a kick out of that!

Note: These are considered finger foods, but I did provide both kids with forks.


No comments:

Post a Comment