Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Marshmallow Transfer Tot Tray

As part of our Arctic theme this week we did this fun tot tray!

First off, how cute are those polar bear pajamas? Charlie got them as a gift from her great grandma and they are just perfect for this themed week. 

So, we got out the blue tot tray, some cool colored bowls, and some clear plastic tongs. These tongs were sold in a pack with quite a few of them. I'm not sure if they were from Dollar Tree or if I had found them somewhere else. 

I filled up one bowl with marshmallows and then instructed my daughter to transfer them to the other bowl with her tongs. This is a practical life skill that's good for fine motor. My daughter's fine motor skills are honestly so great and have been for a while now from doing these activities. I keep her doing them just because she finds them fun and I think they are educational and like I said it's a practical life task. As a reward she got to eat a few of the marshmallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment