Monday, January 23, 2017

Sandwich, Salad, and Mandarin Monsters

School lunch #12 is here! You can view my previous school lunches here. As always I'm keeping it simple, adorable, and healthy.  I love making lunches that give my daughter the nutrients I know she needs, and also make her smile. These lunches don't require a lot of time to put together, and I get a lot of joy myself from packing my daughters lunches. I see it as a way for me to be involved in her school day and show her how much I care. Then when we unpack the lunch at home it opens the door for many conversations about who she sat with at lunch, her friends, etc. Connections like these are important to form when your children are young, to keep the lines of communication open as they grow up. 
In this bento box from Bentology I packed:
- a puzzle sandwich, which I made using this cutter. It had SunButter and chocolate hazelnut spread on it
- some Mandarin Monsters, as I like to call these. Just some mandarin oranges with some cute eye food picks in them. Adorable!
- a salad, made of romaine lettuce and cheddar cheese. I used a couple super cute mini condiment containers to pack some raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
- a couple of Pinks & Whites cookies as a treat

I also added a Slim Snack with some Annie's Cheddar Bunnies to the lunch box. 


No comments:

Post a Comment