Thursday, January 12, 2017

School Lunch #8

This is just a cute and simple lunch to prepare for your kiddos to take to school. All things I've packed before in my previous school lunches, which you can view here


In this lunch I packed:
- mandarin oranges, with a cute zebra food pick stuck in the middle. Food picks are a really simple way to add some fun to a lunch box
- two penguin sandwiches, which you can make using this sandwich cutter. These are super simple to make, my recipe for them can be found below
- some RW Garcia 3 Seed Sweet Potato Crackers in a reusable baking cup (putting part of the lunch in one of these adds some organization, and a cute pop of color!) and some pumpkin goat cheese in a little dip container. I also packed a safe and cute little knife for my daughter to spread the goat cheese on her crackers with
- for a treat I packed some Glutino yogurt covered pretzels  

Penguin Sandwiches:
Ingredients:
- bread, I like to use Sara Lee Honey Wheat
- SunButter, or peanut butter, whatever kind of butter your child prefers
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (I use Fresh Thyme's), or Nutella, or even a jelly or jam would work. You can alter lots of these ideas to better fit your families needs.

Step 1:
The first thing that I do when I am about to make a sandwich for my daughter that has any type of butter/spread on it, or that I'm going to cut into a shape is lightly toast it. So I would suggest step 1 being lightly toasting the bread to get it more ready to work with.

Step 2:
Put on your spreads, jams, and whatever, then close up the sandwich by putting the pieces of bread together. Then you can use a cutter if you would like to make a shape. I used the penguin sandwich cutter from Munchkin that I mentioned earlier. I love cutters that are specific for sandwiches, because they are just the right size not to really waste much of the sandwich, aside from the crust. You could use a cookie cutter however, or even try to make your own shape with a knife.


No comments:

Post a Comment