Thursday, January 12, 2017

Throw a Shopkins Birthday Party

So I realized I never got around to posting about my daughter's 4th birthday party! For her 4th birthday party I threw her a Shopkins party that also featured her first art gallery. For details on how to throw an art gallery party, click here

(These were the invitations, I ordered them off on Etsy. I would give you the name of the shop, but I don't remember which one I used!)


I rented a party room that had art framed all over the walls, which gave a lovely backdrop to the birthday party, especially seeing as it was also an art gallery for my daughter. So, we had that for some of the decor, as well as easels all around the room with poster boards featuring my daughters artwork. For a bit more Shopkins themed decor I taped up a poster with some of the Shopkin characters on it to the door where people entered the party, and then they saw this table


I put pink table cloths on all the food/gift tables. This table was the one guests saw as they walked in, inviting them to grab an adorable Poppy Popcorn Shopkin container of Skinny Pop. I also purchased the pdf for those from an Etsy shop. Then I just had to print them out onto card stock, cut them out and tape them together. I made a little sign saying "Welcome to Charlie's 4th birthday party and first art gallery! Grab a Poppy Corn and enjoy the art!" That was my way of giving everyone some idea of what to do when they got to the party, which was to go around the room and look at the easels full of my daughters art. I made the little sign out of card stock, and folded it so it would stand up. I dressed it up with some Shopkins stickers. I also had a big bowl of Skinny Pop in the middle in case anybody wanted seconds, they could just use their Poppy Corn container to scoop up some more. 

I also love to use food as decor, so I kept the food within the Shopkins theme! 


The dessert table started off with some Shopkins napkins and plates, I also had large Shopkins character erasers out on the table for some added cuteness! Then I had the little doughnuts, pictured above, on a silver tray. I ordered doughnuts from a doughnut shop near me, and requested for them to have pink icing and blue sprinkles, just like the Shopkin D'lish Donut. Then I made a little sign for them, again out of card stock and with a matching D'lish Donut sticker. I just thought the stickers on the labels for the food was such an adorable touch!


I also got cupcakes from a cupcake place near me, and ordered some off of their menu that reminded me of certain Shopkins. The first group had little food picks that looked like lollipops coming out of them, reminded me very much of the Shopkin Lolli Poppins so I made a sign saying "Lolli Poppins Cupcakes" out of card stock, along with a sticker of the Shopkin and put it in front of those cupcakes. I did the same thing for the next group, calling them the "Kooky Cookie Cupcakes" 

The best Shopkins decor we had at the party though was probably the center pieces, made by my daughter's super crafty grandma! They turned out just amazing, I was so impressed.

 

 


She made the Shopkins: Netti Spaghetti, Gran Jam, Bread Head, Posh Pear, Apple Blossom, and Strawberry Kiss. Aren't they just spectacular?!

To make the Netti Spaghetti, Posh Pear, Apple Blossom and Strawberry kiss she used balloons. After pumping up the balloon, she either did some paper mache over it, or put some layers of tape on the balloon in certain spots to make the shapes and additions that she wanted for the Shopkin, and then paper mached over that. After the paper mache dried she popped the balloons. The next step was painting them, and then adding on their details. I know she painted some of the details on, and used felt for other details. She then made the stands for the ones that were once just balloons, using Styrofoam circles and the same tulle she used to make my daughters birthday tutu, so it all matched perfectly! She attached the Shopkins onto their stands with toothpicks, and glued the tulle onto the Styrofoam circles. For Netti Spaghetti she added on yarn for the noodles, and made the meatballs/sauce by putting pom poms in red tissue paper and wrapping/crinkling them up in to it and then attaching that on. The fork was made from paper, and silver paint. For Posh Pear her glasses were made out of pipe cleaners, and her purse was tissue paper.

Now Bread Head and Gran Jam were both made a little differently. Gran Jam was made from cutting the top and the bottom off of a 2 liter bottle, so you just have the middle to work with. She then covered that with purple wrapping paper, added on some layers of different colored paper from the Gran Jam face, that she drew on with a Sharpie. The glasses were made of yarn, and there's a checkered piece of fabric put around the top of her. Bread Head was made from a cardboard box, and layers of colored paper, as well as some drawing with a Sharpie for the face. The top of him was made with blue tissue paper, and there are blue polka dots added to it with paint, and it's twisted up and held together with a pipe cleaner to look like the twist tie. Too cute!

Those were a major part of the decor because they were the center pieces for all of the tables the guests were sitting at. They made the party so cute, and we actually still have them in our basement.

Now for the cake!


I made a birthday cake to resemble Wishes the Shopkin. It didn't look like some professional cake by any means, but it was made with all my love, which is what counts in my daughters eyes! For this cake I just made a couple of strawberry cakes in the small round pans. Once they were cooled, I iced them together and then I was able to start icing the outside to look like Wishes. I was also picking some colors for what my daughter specifically wanted. I made the bottom/the part that was her face yellow (which I made by adding just a little bit of yellow food coloring to some of the white icing I had bought), and then put white icing all on the top of the cake. I used one of those Betty Crocker spray icings in pink and put that around the cake where the yellow and the white icings met. I made the 3 white little swirls of icing on top by putting some icing in a piping bag and squeezing it out the way I wanted! To make the face I just used the pink spray icing again for the lips, and then a little black gel icing tube for the eyes. Stuck in four regular candles, and one number 4 candle and it was done!

For the favors I wanted them to still be Shopkins themed, and be something the adults and children both could enjoy, and just take one of on their way out. So what better than...


Some Cheeky Chocolates! Aren't these just adorable?! I also found these little Cheeky Chocolate Shopkin wrappers on an Etsy shop and purchased them for printing, cut them out and wrapped them around some little mini chocolate bars. I had them out on this silver tray, on a table near the dog to leave. I made a little sign (with, you guessed it, a Cheeky Chocolate sticker!) telling people "Thanks for coming, grab a Cheeky Chocolate!" and then a key telling them which type of chocolate bar was wrapped up in which color of Cheeky Chocolate.

Most importantly, my daughter loved her party and had a great time!


No comments:

Post a Comment