Friday, March 3, 2017

Owl Sandwich School Lunch

So I'll start off by saying I am not the most artistically talented, but I can still manage to make food fun  and at least slightly resemble what I'm going for, with the help of a few tools! For this lunch I wanted to make an owl sandwich for my little girl. I'll share the details below. I also had strawberries, blueberries, a Babybel cheese, and a bag of Annie's Organic Bernie's Farm Animal Cookies in the lunch box.



Owl Sandwich:

Ingredients:
- bread, I like to use Sara Lee Honey Wheat
- whatever spreads you would like, I used SunButter and chocolate hazelnut spread
- a food marker

I like to lightly toast the bread when I'm going to be working with spreads, and it also makes it easier to cut the bread into different shapes. For this owl sandwich I just used a knife to cut out some of the top, to make a head and ears shape for the owl. Once I had the sandwich all assembled and cut, I used a green food marker to draw on eyes and a beak. Simple as that! Making lunch cute and fun doesn't have to be about creating a masterpiece in the lunch box, just about making something that you know will bring happiness to your little one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment