Thursday, August 17, 2017

Kindergarten School Lunch #5

For this lunch I made some skewers. My daughter loves eating off of food picks, and the honey goat cheese & strawberry skewers have been one of her favorites for years. Sandwich squares skewered onto food picks is such a fun way to serve a sandwich as well, so I went ahead and did both for this lunch. It'll definitely be a big hit with my daughter!  I also added a drink, and another side. You can view details below and my previous school lunch posts here


For the Sandwich Square Skewers:
1. Grab your sandwich fixings and assemble it! So for me, I get some honey wheat bread, SunButter and Super Fruit Jam. I lightly toast the bread and then assemble the sandwich.
2. Once you've got it all made and ready, use a FunBites sandwich cutter that makes bite sized square pieces, you can get one here.
3. Next grab some food picks and add sandwich squares onto them. I fit three per food pick. And viola you're done and lunch is super fun to eat for your kiddo!

For the Honey Goat Cheese & Strawberry Skewers:
1. Gather up the ingredients, there's just two: honey goat cheese, and strawberries!
2. Cut both the honey goat cheese and the strawberries into small enough pieces. You want them bite-sized, but not too small either.
3. Slide the pieces onto your skewers in an alternating order. I went strawberry, honey goat cheese, strawberry for each one this time.

As you can tell these things both don't take too long to make, and make wonderful school lunch. Fun to eat, cute, tasty and healthy! Perfect! To drink I packed an Honest Kids Organic Appley Ever After juice, and a Slim Snack full of Annie's Organic Cheddar Bunnies. And as usual, I packed a note to make my daughter smile and enhance her reading skills.

Here it is all packed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment