Saturday, August 26, 2017

Kindergarten School Lunch #7

Here's a fun lunch that includes sandwich squares, crackers, hummus, oranges, and a juice. For more details keep on scrolling, and for my previous school lunch posts click here. 


I've probably given the recipe for Sandwich Squares quite a few times now, haha! But it's such a favorite for my daughter. She always finishes her whole sandwich when I serve it in this way. 

Sandwich Squares:
Step 1: Gather your sandwich ingredients and assemble the sandwich according to how your little one likes it. I lightly toasted some Sara Lee Honey Wheat bread, then I put SunButter on both slices and then some chocolate hazelnut spread on as well. Then of course I put the slices of bread together.
Step 2: Once you've got your sandwich made, use a FunBites sandwich cutter to make it into little squares.
Step 3: Put the Sandwich Squares onto some food picks, 3 fit on each. You could also toss the little squares into a reusable baking cup or something if you don't have any food picks. They are still fun to eat regardless of how they are served, I'm just always looking for simple ways to up the cute factor.

In this lunch I also packed a couple of little oranges, and some Trader Joe's Multigrain Pita Bite Crackers with some hummus in a little dip container. To drink I packed an Honest Kid's Organic Appley Ever After juice pouch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment