Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Salad & Sandwich School Lunch



For this school lunch I packed a sandwich and a salad, as well as some pears, an apple juice and a cloth napkin.

My Daughter's Favorite Salad Recipe:
Ingredients:
- Romaine lettuce
- Imo's cheese
- One of these 3 dressings: Imo's, raspberry vinaigrette, or honey mustard vinaigrette

When I pack a salad for a school lunch, I pack the dressing in these cute little dressing containers so my daughter can put it on herself when she's ready. This way the lettuce doesn't get soggy and it's fresh, and it's also fun for her to be a part of assembling the lunch once she goes to eat it.

Puzzle Sandwich:
Ingredients:
- Honey wheat bread
- SunButter
- Chocolate hazelnut spread
- Puzzle sandwich cutter, like the one that comes in this pack

I like to lightly toast the bread, assemble it like normal, and then use the cutter to make it into the fun puzzle shape.

For the pears, I just cut them up into bite-sized pieces and put them in a container with a little zebra food pick stuff in them for extra cuteness.

No comments:

Post a Comment