Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Yogurt Treat School Lunch

With this school lunch I made it possible for my daughter to mix some yogurt and strawberries together to create a little parfait, as well as included sandwich squares, cheese balls and an apple juice.


Make Your Own Yogurt Parfait:
Ingredients:
- Berries, I used strawberries
- Yogurt, I used banana
- Granola or another topper if you'd like to add that as well, I didn't for this one

All you have to do to pack a Make Your Own Yogurt Parfait for your child is pack a container of yogurt, any flavor will do, some berries, and any other toppings you want. Pack them in their own separate appropriate sized containers. I put the strawberries in a container where there was plenty of room left for her to add in her yogurt. If you're going to pack granola or another topper put it in a condiment or dressing container. This way when your kiddo opens their lunch box they'll be able to assemble their own yogurt parfait.

Sandwich Squares:
Ingredients:
- Bread
- Your sandwich fillers (use whatever your kiddo likes, I used SunButter and chocolate hazelnut spread
- A FunBites cutter, you can purchase one here

Step 1: Lightly toast your bread (or not, but it's what I like to do when I'm working with spreads and cutters)
Step 2: Assemble the sandwich with whatever you've chosen
Step 3: Use your FunBites cutter and you'll have some perfect little squares in no time!

Step 4: Stick the squares on the food picks.

Also included in this lunch was an Honest Kids Organic Apple Juice, and a pack of Halloween Mini Cheese Balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment